Saturday, October 16, 2010

8 Questions

1. What is the best vacation you have ever taken/ favorite vacation spot?
 The Grand Wailea Resort in Maui
 Snorkeling
 Mama's Fish House
 Watefall in Hana
The best vacation I ever took was our honeymoon in Maui (June/July 2009).  We stayed at the Grand Wailea and it was THE most beautiful resort we have ever stayed at.  Our schedule was perfect - activities (snorkeling, parasailing, touring, etc.) in the morning then laying by the pool or ocean in the afternoon.  My parents are going next month and I'm so excited for them to experience the resort too!
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be/why? (Money isn't an object)
Bora Bora - do I need to explain why?  It's absolutely gorgeous.  I'd love to stay in one of those over-the-water huts too!
Italy - I want to ride the gondolas, eat authentic Italian food, and just see the gorgeous architecture
3. What is your "go-to" outfit? or your favorite outfit?
I'm boring when it comes to fashion.  My favorite store is J. Crew.  My go-to outfit would probably be jeans, a sweater over some layered shirts, and my Tory Burch flats.
4. What are you most thankful for in your life?
Brad.  He's wonderful.  Is he perfect?  No.  He cusses (and I currently have him in "training" on trying to fix that), bites his nails (my mom is still trying to train my dad, after 30+ years of marriage.  I think she has given up), and he can have a short fuse (especially when trying to install things!)  All those things make him who he is, the person I'm in love with.  We really balance each other.  He's so supportive, understanding, caring, and hard-working.  I'm so thankful, especially right now.  He has been AMAZING with my job situation.  He has left it completely up to me with what I want to do and said he'll support me no matter what.  
I'm also thankful for my parents.  They have been such great models of what I want my marriage to be like.  I always go to my mom with questions (getting her opinion on a situation, diagnosing illnesses, what temperature to cook food, etc., etc.)  They have been so supportive and giving.  I'm very fortunate to have such wonderful parents!  
I'm also very thankful to marry into a great family.  My in-laws welcomed me with open arms and I know how fortunate I am for that.  They have also been very supportive of Brad and I (with our jobs and buying the house)  I also gained a sister that I never had and I look forward for the years to come and being the "big sister" for her when she goes off to college and begins dating :)
5. What is one piece of advice you would give other women?
Maybe it's Brad's job, but I always have the mentality of I never know what might happen.  I think it's important to always be nice to people when you see them, hug your family and friends, and tell your loved ones that you love them.  
These past few weeks I have been visiting my grandpa 2 hours away, helping him write a research paper (yes he's 85 and going back to school - such an inspiration!).  Everyone who has met him KNOWS how difficult he can be.  These visits really tested my patience, but again, his health has greatly declined and I don't know how many more visits I have with him.  I put on a smile the whole time, remained positive, and kissed him goodbye when I left.  
I guess I just never want to have regret with anything, because you can't undo the past.
6. What is one thing you plan to accomplish before the end of this year?
Well at this point in the year, I put aside the goal of finding a teaching job.  Maybe next year though!  I guess in these next few months (and future months) I want to host more get togethers.  Now that we have a house, I want to have people over and host some dinners.
7. What is your favorite purchase you have made in the past month?
Our house!!!
8. Do you save money for things? What are you saving for? If not, what would you like to save you money up for?
I've been a really good saver since graduating college.  Brad and I saved a big chunk of money since getting married, allowing us to buy this house.  We still have some savings left and I'm hoping to slowly continue to furnish our house (living room furniture, an entertainment center, master bedroom set, and a desk for our office) and landscape our backyard.  It will all come in time and that just encourages us to keep saving, saving, saving!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post and pictures Jess! I could use some advice on #8. I have NEVER been a good saver. Ryan saves for purchases but we never put anything in savings. Hopefully one day we will get better at it. So, if any advice you would like to share, please share away… :)

    ReplyDelete