Sunday, April 26, 2009

Earth


Everyone knows how much I love animals (well, except snakes).  This weekend B and I went and saw the movie "Earth".  Highly recommend!  It's amazing the footage that was caught and to see parts of the earth you don't even think about, was a real wake up call.  Oftentimes we just think about ourselves and the people in our little "bubble" and that if something doesn't pertain to our lives, we don't think about it. 
In the movie you see these animals who are losing their homes and struggle each day to survive and nothing's being done.  I realize that I'm just as guilty and am not going to go out and save the arctic or rainforest, but it's important to have it in your mind of how your actions truly do effect our earth.
Here's a link to get educated about the endangered polar bears.  They're so adorable and amazing, and it was very hard to watch their way of life dissipate.  http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/finder/polarbear/polarbear.html
I'm not encouraging you to go buy a Prius (we all know how much I hate them) or build a green home, but go see the movie and think about all the animals out there =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment