Friday, June 11, 2010

Another Year Comes to a Close

We all said our goodbyes today.  My kindergartners have become little stars this year.  I'll miss most of them (let's be honest, there are those few though who tried my patience on a daily basis...)  I can say without a doubt that I love my job and for that I'm very fortunate.  I gave them all a big hug and a goodie bag filled with various items (a separate post on that soon!)
It's a bittersweet feeling.  I'm officially on summer vacation as well as being officially unemployed.  I will file my unemployment papers tomorrow and continue on with the job hunt.  Think positive thoughts that an opportunity will come my way and that the budget crisis improves.
On a positive note, here is what I am looking forward to this summer:
* no alarm clock going off at 5:30am
* being able to wake up in the morning and leisurely drink my coffee while watching the news
* establishing an exercise routine
* enjoying days off with my husband (finally!)
* visiting my best friend in North Carolina
* celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary in Palm Springs
* family vacation in Oregon
* having time to organize my closet (it's in desperate need)  
* cook
* simply relax.
This weekend is busy!  Tomorrow's agenda is a 1 hour massage followed by spending the day with my cousin and seeing Sex in the City.  Sunday is a college friend's bridal shower.  Pictures and posts to come! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a well deserved summer holiday, have fun!

    ReplyDelete