Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Anniversary Getaway

The hubs and I are leaving for a week-long vacation to Palm Springs, where we'll be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary on June 27.  I can't believe it's already been a year.  I love married life and couldn't ask for a better husband and best friend.
Since the weather is forecasted to be around 107 the whole week, we plan on doing a lot of swimming at the pool.  We're bringing our clubs, hoping to get in some evening or early morning golf.  I've booked a day trip up to the mountains via the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and a trip to the Palm Springs Living Zoo.  We'll be staying here for 6 nights (I actually won this timeshare in a raffle, where I was able to pick any week of the year.  I figured let's make it an affordable anniversary trip, where we'll be able to get away for free!)
My parents are giving us a night at the La Quinta Resort for our anniversary night.  The place looks beautiful and it'll be nice to switch things up during our stay down there.
A huge thank you to my in-laws for allowing us a wonderful anniversary dinner out.  I'm not sure where we're going yet, but I know it'll be wonderful!  Thank you to my parents for some excursion money and for a week-long timeshare getaway, to a destination of our choice.  Maybe we'll use that for our 2 year anniversary next summer??  We're so blessed to have such wonderful parents and whose relationships we strive to emulate (25+ for B's parents I believe and my parents just celebrated their 31st anniversary).  We love you!
Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy "early" Anniversary guys!! I can't believe it's been a year already! Wow, time flies!! Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to see pictures! We love you guys! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! You will love La Quinta it is a beautiful resort. The Aerial Tram is fun and amazing, the time we went there was still a bit of snow at the top but 114 below. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete