Sunday, November 1, 2009

Report Cards


FYI our place doesn't usually look like this.  As you can see though from my disastrous living room, the dreadful report card time is here.  We have to turn them into our principal for review a week from tomorrow and there is so much still to do (plus I'll be out of town all next weekend for a birthday party and wedding).  I have to administer and grade 26 different assessments to 17 kindergartners (most of them needing to be done 1-on-1).  There's so much pressure to get it all done in a 3.5 hour day plus keep to the district standards of what you should be teaching each week.
I've always been a disorganized person and it truly drives me crazy.  My mom came to visit once and reorganized my whole bedroom and closet - it was heaven!  I love how I feel when everything is in it's place, but I struggle to keep it that way.  So having these papers everywhere is making me stress.  I did have each paper in a folder as well as beginning to sort all the papers into individual folders.  I've got a plan in mind, I just have to implement it before starting to work on report cards, in hopes that it'll make the process a little easier.

In the meantime, my wonderful kitty is lounging away the day.  Wouldn't that be nice right now.
I just have to keep reminding myself how grateful I am to have a job.  I truly love my job and teaching, but it's all the paperwork I hate (as most people do with their job).
I hope everyone's having a great weekend.  Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment