Sunday, October 25, 2009

Food is Worth Sacrificing for Nordstrom Rack

A new Nordstrom Rack opened and I had been waiting patiently to go visit.  It opened last week but I lack the patience to deal with crowds, so I held off until today.  I new it was going to be bad news once I stepped foot in the store.  I told B I was going and he gave no warnings or restrictions on what I could or couldn't buy.
I've been SO good about shopping, in fact I can't even remember the last time I bought new clothes or shoes.  I spent $250 (a well worth it investment if you ask me).  I called Brad when I got back to the car, with our conversation going like this:
Me: Honey, how much do we have in our bank account?
B: Why?
Me: Just wondering.  How much?
B: About $300 to last us until Friday. Why?
Me: Well I bought some stuff....
B: How much....?
Me: $250 worth
B: That's ok I'm sure you needed it.  Just don't go to Costco or Safeway.  We'll get by food-wise on what we have at home.
Me: Ok, you're the best.  Thanks for being understanding.
Moral of the story: Some things are worth sacrificing.  I'd rather eat cans of soup and drink water the rest of the week in order to have these amazing finds:
1. Tory Burch cashmere ruffle sweater (in gray)
2. Nike workout pants (in navy blue)
3. black ballet flats (still holding off and patiently waiting for the Tory Burch reva flats)
4. mop (modern organic products) shampoo and conditioner

Can I tell you again what an amazing husband I have?  He took it so well and not one thing bought was for him =(  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment