Friday, November 26, 2010

Perinatologist & Entertainment Center

So as I talked about earlier, I attended the diabetic nutrition seminar, and on Wednesday,  Brad and I met with my perinatologist for the first time.  She's a self-labeled "Type A" and that's an understatement.  She's intense and drill sergeantesque.  I'm sure she's an amazing doctor who gets what she wants for her patients.  I, without a doubt, need to follow her instructions impeccably.  Although this scares me, I know it's what I need and will be for the best.  When we walked out, Brad's first response was, "I love her!"...mine was, "She intimidates me."
Anyways, she was very detailed in what to expect with everything from now until labor.  It got me really excited, but I also know that I have a lot of work ahead of me.  She told me that it's a good thing I'm not working, because checking my blood sugars and eating on a regimented schedule will become a full time job.  
She said we're going to go week-by-week and this week's goal is to focus on eating more protein.  I knew it was going to be an issue from day 1 because I'm not much of a meat or nut eater.  I've started drinking EAS protein shakes instead.  She also told me that we're not going to base my "Go ahead and TTC" with my A1C, but rather my weekly records.  She did say, however, that they wanted me between 6.5-7.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I wanted to show you our new entertainment center as a housewarming gift from my in-laws!  We love, love, love it.  We had said that down the road we'd need something to fill our huge wall, but weren't in a hurry to get an entertainment center.  Our neighbors had the same one and we fell in love with the piece and decided to get it before it was discontinued.  Thank you so much!!!!
Still need to fill the shelves with decorations  and pictures
I put our first Christmas decoration out last night!
We wound up buying the matching coffee table and 2 end tables so everything would go together.
We also bought to artificial ficus trees at Wal Mart to try and fill more of the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment