- My husband. He's my best friend and so incredibly supportive. One of the unexpected events was me losing my teaching job due to budget cuts. He left it up to me on whether or not I wanted to work; I currently have chosen not to work so I can focus on better diabetes control.
- My health. Although I live everyday with diabetes, I'm fortunate enough to not have any serious complications (knock on wood!) I have a new great team of doctors who are helping me (a post about that on Friday)
- Our first home. This was another unexpected event. We went to see the area and wound up buying a house we absolutely fell in love with. We're very fortunate and thankful to have a brand new home at 25 years old.
- My animals. They keep me company when Brad's at work and are great companions who love me unconditionally. Even though they're sometimes naughty (scratching furniture) or terrorize each other around the house, I love them all.
- My parents. Words cannot describe how amazing my parents are. I'm so thankful to have such a great relationship with them. I'm sad they won't be at our place for Thanksgiving (they host some of my aunts and uncles in Oregon) but I can't wait to see them in a few weeks for Christmas.
- My in-laws. They've been so generous and supportive with everything - from giving advice on buying our house to amazing gifts, and most recently, letting us use their vacation home.
- My friends. I have a great group of girlfriends who are always so much fun to talk to and hang out with.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
* GOBBLE, GOBBLE*
No comments:
Post a Comment