Saturday, May 29, 2010

Babies, Babies Everywhere

It seems like everyone is having babies or pregnant.  One of our friends just had a darling baby girl, my coworker had twins, one couple is expecting in July, another expecting in November, and one friend who plans on trying to get pregnant in a few months.
This being said, B and I definitely have baby fever.  Unfortunately it is not as easy for me to just go off birth control and get pregnant.  My pregnancy is going to take very thoughtful planning due to my diabetes (and it doesn't help that I have cysts on my ovaries too).  Currently my blood sugars are too high to have a safe pregnancy, so we need to wait for my diabetes to be in better control.  That's my goal for this summer: work on checking my blood sugars more often (up to 10-12 times per day they say) and exercise on a more regular basis.  I will then get my A1C checked (a blood test to determine the past 3 month average of my blood sugars).  If that's down to a safe percentage, we'll be closer to our goal.  Once there though, we'll then need to meet with doctors for pre-pregnancy counseling and find a high risk OBGYN to care for me.  We've only been married for a year and I know we have plenty of time, but a lot of planning is needed.  I know all this work coming up though will be worth it in the end.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you are going through! You can definately do it! My advice is to be careful as you make these changes to not beat yourself up too bad. Sometimes I find myself having to calm down and just say to myself... Breathe, you are not pregnant yet, you are human and make mistakes. It is super hard to try to make our bodies behave the way they should. Good luck! Maybe we can share this journey together! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jess! How exciting! The best news ever! I cannot wait to hear the words! And your right... All the work will definitely be worth it in the end!! Good Luck! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete