What a scare we had tonight with this dear one. Not just us, but my mom too, seeing 9 missed calls on her cell phone. The scare: Oliver caught his tail on fire. B was cooking dinner, picked up the pan to dump the meat grease into the sink, turns back around and smells burning. We walk all over the house, looking for something that might be on fire. We narrow it down to the hallway, but don't see anything that could be burning. I turn around and see Oliver flipping his tail around and frantically licking it. My poor baby. His tail is singed, but we think he's okay. I called my cousin, who's a vet, and she said to just monitor any pussy burn sores. I think it just got his fur and that the flame didn't actually make it down to his tail skin (I hope). I'll be calling the vet as soon as they open tomorrow. Never a dull moment I tell you...

Oh Jessica! That story is definitely one for the memory book! I don't know whether to laugh or be sad for the poor thing. It's so funny and cute on one hand, but on the other... so sad. So sorry about the toilet paper too! Not fun! I have a feeling you're in for some other adventures with this adorable little one! Hope he heals fast!
ReplyDelete