Monday, January 18, 2010

Sniffles and Winnings


I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I'm so thankful for having the day off, since I've been stuck on the couch all day.  I've been sick since Thursday and am getting really annoyed with feeling this way.  Thursday started with a horrible headache that continued into Friday.  I went and got a massage which temporarily helped.  (That starts a whole other story of how I got charged $1,000. Yes, ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS instead of $10 on my debit card.  The bank froze my account due to fraud concerns, so I've been going around and around with trying to get it reversed.  It's still up on my bank account, but they say it's been reimbursed...)  Anyways, headache is gone, but the soreness has moved into my throat where I can barely swallow and am so congested.  B keeps telling me to take the day off work, but it's not that easy being a teacher.  It's easier to go in and have a low-key day than it is to prep and do lesson plans (all you teachers understand). 

Anyways, of course the weekend I'm sick I had a conference to attend from 8-5 on Saturday and Sunday.  I learned so much and am excited to implement these ideas in my own classroom.  On our final day yesterday, they did an announcement as we were coming in from lunch "5 more minutes until the raffle drawing."  I looked at my coworker and asked what the raffle was for?  Neither of us had any idea, but I was the last one to enter and guess what?!  I WON!  What did I win, you ask?  A one week timeshare vacation to either.....

Palm Springs
or
Lake Tahoe
 
We'd prefer to go to Lake Tahoe just because there's more to do and it's within driving distance, but of course either one will be wonderful!  I'll let you know this week where we'll be headed.
I'll be getting my Macbook back tomorrow!  It went in for repair, since I could only see half the screen and the keyboard area had been cracked.  Fortunately it's still under warranty, so it'll be working like new again, free of charge!  I love Macs just for that reason - their customer service.  No calling India and getting the runaround. 
Anyways, I hope everyone has a great week.  It's supposed to be very wet and stormy all week, so stay bundled up and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment