I'm an official kindergarten teacher as of this afternoon!!!! I'm ecstatic and relieved for being able to find a job, but am really nervous for the fact that school starts Monday. I had an interview at 9am this morning and was called at 1pm with an offer. They interviewed 1o other candidates.
I went to the school, which is about a 20 minute drive from our apartment, and met two other kinder teachers (there will be 5 of us total). They were SO incredibly helpful, showing me around and giving me things I'll need. Tomorrow, Wednesday, I will spend the day helping a teacher move out of the room I'll be moving in to. Thursday I'll be at school from 7am-7pm with staff meetings, development workshops, and meeting my new students and their parents in the evening. I'm really nervous about this, because I have to talk to them for an hour and a half about how the classroom will run. Do I even know yet, considering I've never taught kinder and I have 5 days to prepare?!?! I will make the best of it and have a smile on my face because I AM NOW EMPLOYED!!!!!
Yay! What fantastic news! You'll be one amazing kindergarten teacher! I am so excited for you, Mrs. Ryder! Enjoy your new adventure! And I can’t wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDelete