Burrrr
We needed to go to S.F. to pick up my bridesmaid dresses. Now I'm not a fan of driving in the city (and never had before!) because people just drive so erratically and all the pedestrians, vendors loading/unloading, one-way streets, etc. etc. it about gave me a panic attack! Well, we made it to the store! I LOVE the dress color (I was a little worried, after only seeing a small swatch initially). Only 49 days until the wedding!
I wanted to make a day in the city and all I knew was Pier 39 and Union Square. So I called my mom and asked her for activity ideas. She told me to go to Stow Lake and we could rent paddle boats and do lunch (plus it's where my dad proposed to my mom 30 years ago!) Because I'm a planner, I had googled this place, written directions down and *thought* I was prepared. Well we drive from the dress store to where Stow Lake was supposedly supposed to be - no lake. We drive up and down the streets and nothing. We were right next to the Presidio (where my grandma grew up) so we decided to tour that - it was really fascinating. While there, I call my mom up asking her where in the heck this "lake" was?! She said she hadn't been in 30 years, but to go look again. Long story short, no luck. Maybe it got filled up with dirt and built over?? We'll never know....
So we leave the city and head home. B suggests we look and see if the Oakland A's are playing and they were! So we spur-of-the-moment bought tickets (5th row from the field!) and went to the game. I had so much fun! B's not much of a planner but it was nice to finally have him think of something to do!
All in all a great day around the bay!
I wanted to make a day in the city and all I knew was Pier 39 and Union Square. So I called my mom and asked her for activity ideas. She told me to go to Stow Lake and we could rent paddle boats and do lunch (plus it's where my dad proposed to my mom 30 years ago!) Because I'm a planner, I had googled this place, written directions down and *thought* I was prepared. Well we drive from the dress store to where Stow Lake was supposedly supposed to be - no lake. We drive up and down the streets and nothing. We were right next to the Presidio (where my grandma grew up) so we decided to tour that - it was really fascinating. While there, I call my mom up asking her where in the heck this "lake" was?! She said she hadn't been in 30 years, but to go look again. Long story short, no luck. Maybe it got filled up with dirt and built over?? We'll never know....
So we leave the city and head home. B suggests we look and see if the Oakland A's are playing and they were! So we spur-of-the-moment bought tickets (5th row from the field!) and went to the game. I had so much fun! B's not much of a planner but it was nice to finally have him think of something to do!
All in all a great day around the bay!
You guys are SO cute! What a fun day! Sorry about the lake though. That would have been a great memory for you two and so fun to see a little piece of family history. Darn! What a great day it turned out to be though. Wishing you many, many, many more!
ReplyDelete