Saturday, January 29, 2011

"We're Real Adults Now"

Yesterday Brad and I spent the morning pulling weeds in our yard....ugh!  It took us a few hours to deadhead flowers and pull the weeds that seem to be taking over faster than we can keep up with.  Does anyone have any good tips to keep weeds at bay?  We bought screen to lay down but haven't installed it yet.  What about sprays or pellets?  Oh the joys of home ownership...
After that, we did something a little more fun - we headed to the Sacramento Home and Landscape Expo.  I know this might sound weird, but I loved it!  Now that we're homeowners, I have a real interest in landscaping, gardening; anything house related (minus weeds!)  I told Brad while we were at the expo, "I feel like we're real adults now, going to a home and garden show on a Friday night." :)  
While we were there, I entered to win a garage makeover - how amazing does that look?  It's a $10,000 value, so the only way we're getting that is if we win
Our $5 entry fee into the show, gave us 4 River Cats (a local minor league baseball team) tickets, good for anytime during the season.  I can't wait for the springtime, to be outside enjoying the sunshine.
After the expo, we went and saw True Grit.  I'll be honest.  Brad has been wanting to see this since it first came out and I was dragging my feet.  After saying that he was going to go by himself to see it, I sucked it up and went along.  The movie was EXCELLENT!  Highly recommend seeing.
I hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun outing, you will love the River Cats game. To-date by far they have the best July Fireworks we have ever seen at a baseball game. It is a great ball park. I'll let Vic know what you thought of True Grit he was on the fence about seeing it too.

    ReplyDelete